Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Morning Thoughts

Today is once again Market Day in Ajijic. I won't be buying a lot of things today, hopefully.  I will do my best not to get carried away like I usually do at the market. It is so tempting to fill up my grocery bag with all those beautiful and inexpensive fruits and veggies. But tomorrow in the morning I go to Guadalajara to have my thyroid removed. I will be in the hospital one or two nights and I doubt if I will feel like eating much when I return back home. I have a freezer full of homemade soups.

I am trying not to worry about the operation but not doing a very good job of it. I hate to go to the hospital. I hate operations. I have had two operations since I came here a few years ago. Don't ask me how long that has been because I have lost track of time.  I had my torn and twisted meniscus fixed and then I had the operation to fix my broken ankle. Both of these operations were very successful. I hope the same for this one.

So, I may not be getting on this blog for a few days.   I thank all of you for your good wishes.

18 comments:

  1. I will be sending positive vibes your way. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the hours of waiting/anticipation are the hardest, I hope the time passes quickly and you are soon back recuperating and posting good news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about that. Thank yo for writing and wishing me good news. P

      Delete
  3. Best of luck Pat! Thinking of you and praying that the outcome will be good. Take care.

    ReplyDelete


  4. Happy New Year Patricia! Know that all your fans are sending positive thoughts your way.
    We'll be waiting to hear from you.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie. And Happy New Year to you too.... P

      Delete
    2. Patricia,

      We are hoping that you have a speedy recovery. Remember that we are both R.N.s and if you need help let us know. We'll be there in a "New York minute"!
      Chris and Jim

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much Chris and Jim. I really appreciate your offer. P

      Delete
  5. Hi Pat:
    All the best and I know you will be just fine and I love homemade soup. I will wait to hear from you soon. P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi P. Thank you for writing. I am home now. Feeling okay. No Cancer. P

      Delete
  6. Praying for a successful surgery, quick recovery with no complications.....Brenda Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda. I really appreciate that. I am home now. Feeling better. No Cancer. P

      Delete
  7. Thinking of you today. You should be feeling better, not a lot better but the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norm, Thank you for thinking of me. Yes, I do feel better. So glad I don't have cancer..... P

      Delete
  8. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery! Hugs,
    Karen in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, I am back home now. No Cancer...... I am so glad it is over. P

      Delete