Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Back in Mexico

Well I am finally home again. I now consider Ajijic my home. I didn't sell my mobile home in the States yet but I was too depressed there to stay any longer. My flight from L.A. to Guadalajara was full a week ago when I bought the ticket. It had many empty seats when I got on the plane. There were only a few North Americans on the flight. Guess they got scared. I don't watch TV and I didn't get all the fear reports about the flu before I took off for the airport. I had a good, uneventful flight. Especially considering all the fears of people now. And also that I was bringing down almost two hundred pounds of stuff. I don't see any changes back here except some people are wearing little masks on their faces.

My son is sending me angry e mails because I came here. I can't do anything about that except try to ignore them. We all have to live our lives the best that we know how. I was so depressed in the States and lonely that I had started drinking wine every night just so I could tolerate being alone in my mobile home with all the ghosts. If I get this flu and die, at least I will die a happy person.

My house mate was going to go back to her home in the States today but she woke up very ill. Of course we were all scared. It seemed like the flu. My friend Anita and I walked up to see her doctor. What a wonderful man! First thing he did was have us both drop our pants and get a hemoglobin shot. Anita and I looked at each other and laughed at our situation, standing there with our pants down getting shots in our butts. Memories to seal a friendship for life. The shot costs about forty dollars. He said it will boost our immune systems within 48 hours and it lasts six months. That sounds like a bargain. I like bargains.

He came to my house within two hours. I went out to grocery shop at the weekly market. I first had lunch at Gigi's. I really missed her food. Then I came home with several grocery bags filled with fresh fruits and vegetables, all the food I couldn't afford to buy in the grocery stores in the States.

Did I say that I love Mexico? Yes, I do...... Doctors come to your house for a twenty five dollar charge. Bags full of fresh fruits and veggies from the local markets for less than fifteen dollars. Life is good here. Bring on that flu, I am ready to fight with it. Thank all of you who wrote to me to keep up my spirits while I was in the States. Those e mails meant a lot to me.......

The doctor said that my friend only has Tourista. I walked up to the pharmacy and got her perscription filled. She just has to wait a few days and then she will be on her way home. She had dental work done here and she has a beautiful smile now. Maybe once she is out of bed and well she will be smiling again.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia,
    Glad to see you're back in Mexico where your heart is. Hope you avoid the flu. I canceled my May 6th flight until a later date. Just didn't want to risk it. Here's a notice I came across on the Chapala forum today that may be of some interest to you. :I need a dog sitter for the month of June. Please send me a message to eolichez@yahoo.com with your fees. I live in Brisas de Chapala and I have 3 small dogs.

    Keep writing in your blog and post some photos please.

    Your Blog Friend,
    Keith B.
    Mesquite, Nevada

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a follower. I just wanted to say I am happy for you. You do need to go where your heart is and where you can find peace. Be well. ~Pepper~

    ReplyDelete