Thursday, April 2, 2009

Getting Caught in the Past


I have only been here a few days and already I am getting caught up in my past. I wander around my mobile home and look at all the old memories of the nine years of living here with my mother and her dog and my dog. One by one, they died and I am left alone here with the ghosts. So why am I holding on to it? Maybe it is just human nature to hold on to the known and the past. It is easy to forget about my life in Mexico when I am in this place. It is comfortable here.

When people wrote to me on the blog and asked me many questions from all their fears of the unknown I would think, Just come here to Mexico. It is easy. Just get on a plane and come. But it isn't so easy. I am feeling myself getting more deeply entrenched in this life and I know what a wonderful life is in Mexico. It isn't an unknown to me now. But my fears start to take over. I am going to have to just keep on every day, packing up stuff and giving stuff away and maybe when my place is cleaned out, I will have the courage to jump on that plane again and go back to Mexico. Thank you all for writing to me during this difficult time of transition.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, You said it in your blog, why are you hanging on, because it is comfortable, it is what you know, it is easy. Your new life in Mexico makes you step out of your comfort zone, which they say is the only way to learn new things.Do just what you said you were going to do, pack up put it out to the universe that you are going back to Mexico, and you will. Hope this helps.
    Cheryl
    ps. I will be in Ajijic in May if( when) you get back it would great to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear,Patricia
    Just carry with you! with good and bad
    knowing,you can able to live with all of your life,bit and pieces
    be good to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patricia how are things going??? I just found your site about a week before you left to return to US. I pray you get the courage to go back to where you have been incredibly happy in Mexico. You have so many friends both here and there I want you to move back to fullfill my dreams. Of course you and only you can decide your future so no matter what you decide I am really on your side.
    Someone who wants to follow your lead and head to the beautiful land of Mexico.
    Bonnie
    laughingbear@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were more inspired when staying in Mexico.... follow you heart!

    ReplyDelete