Sunday, September 18, 2016

Morning Thoughts

I think that most of the Independence Day festivities are over now. But I may be wrong. I heard parties around my house last night and it is the weekend. There may be more things going on today and tomorrow. I am planning on swimming tomorrow and I hope it will be cleared out by then but it is hard to tell. Festivals here seem to go on and on....  A never ending cycle of parties, parades, and other events. Maybe not much will be happening until the Day of the Dead. But Mexico is full of surprises. There might be another festival just around the corner. 

I am feeling much better physically although I still get tired easily. Tomorrow will be the first time I will be in the water at the spa since before my surgery. I am really looking forward to swimming again. 

My friend Pat is still visiting from San Blas and her friend Donna showed up yesterday. Donna said it is very hot in San Blas now. I remember that about San Blas but I still love it. Maybe I will be healthy enough to go back on the bus with Pat when she goes home. I will see. I remember that beautiful pool at El Chaco..... 
 
              The above photo is of the pool at El Chaco.  What a beautiful pool, right on the ocean too. 
 
                     I hope to be in this pool tomorrow morning.

16 comments:

  1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_holidays_in_Mexico

    Sept 16 is Independence Day, Nov 20 is Revolution Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting. People were talking like this was Revolution Day.... Thanks for that fact. P

      Delete
    2. I hope you got to swim today and that your recovery contines at a rate that you can go with your friends to San Blas and swim in that beautiful pool to your Hearts Content.

      Delete
    3. I believe that one is when revolution started and one is when it finished.

      Delete
    4. I just looked them up and Independence day celebrated independence from SPAIN----Revolution day celebrates the Mexican Revolution several years later.

      Delete
    5. Thank you. I appreciate that information. Stupid me. I have been writing about these for years. Must be my foggy thinking from being so sick. P

      Delete
    6. Most people get them confused a bit. No worries. Here are some links that can help explain them both and the difference! Nov. 20-Revolution Day https://www.inside-mexico.com/november-20/ and Sept. 16-Independence Day for Mexico http://latinamericanhistory.about.com/od/independenceinmexico/p/Mexicos-Independence-Day-September-16.htm . I hope that these help everyone out! I was fortunate enough to be here on Sept. 16 and got to see many celebrations and celebrate with friends here in Mexico. Happy Mexico Traveling and learning :)

      Delete
    7. Thank you Angeline for that information. I won't make that mistake again. P

      Delete
  2. Yes, I messed up. Guess I am kind of spacy still. P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, considering there's a "holiday" about every other week in Mexico, it's understandable. :) Enjoy your swimming and take care!
    Karen in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, Thank you. Swam today for the first time in almost two months. It was great to be back in the water. P

      Delete
  4. Good for you----how is your animals doing??? Who takes care of them if you go to San Blas???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Larry, The animals are doing great. I decided not to go to San Blas. Not well enough. I will stay here and swim. P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do what feels right---I believe in listenin to ones own body

    ReplyDelete