Monday, January 25, 2016

Morning Thoughts

We are still having cool nights but I am not about to complain, not after looking at photos of the weather on the east coast of the United States. I feel lucky to be living here in the sunshine. I haven't been very active lately, except to go to the spa and back home, because of my sore knee. I am still holding out. Hoping I won't have to have it operated on. Today I pay my coming year's fee for IMSS. The health insurance in Mexico. There is also a free one, Seguro Popular but I went for IMSS because it has more hospitals and does some things that the free one doesn't do. I don't know what those things are but I have a friend who went to Seguro Popular to have her shoulder fixed that had healed wrong from a bad break. She thought they would fix it immediately but they scheduled it for four months away. And it took her all day to register for it, standing in one line after another. 

My yearly fee for IMSS is between four and five hundred dollars. I don't know the cost for sure yet. They raise it every year and every year I am older so it goes up more. I have never used it and have been paying for it for years. Hopefully I will never need to use it. But who knows. Unexpected things happen all the time. I have a friend here who was just casually walking past a parking lot at OXXO and someone backed into her. She had to spend a lot of time in the hospital and the person who backed into her had no insurance and didn't pay anything. Or how about a heart attack? Or a stroke. Okay, no more thinking about bad things that can happen. We do the best we can to watch out for ourselves and hope that we can stay healthy. But eventually death catches up with all of us. From one thing or another.    

Other than paying my bill, I have no other plans except to find some books to read in the LCS book sale. Okay, maybe I will go out to eat at my favorite Thai restaurant.....  Nothing new in my life. Chico goes to the groomer today and gets his nails clipped. Furry Friends. They are great. Very gentle with the dogs. Chico doesn't even mind going there. 



Olive, asleep for the day in one of her favorite spots.



Chico this morning before his haircut. He is looking out our one window.

8 comments:

  1. I am glad that the US dollar to peso is excellent so the money to spend on your health care is available.

    Chico and Olive look very happy.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cathy. I went to pay for my IMSS today.I may try their clinic. I have paid into it all these years, might as well try using it. P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your annual fee for IMSS seems very reasonable. And it's better to be safe than sorry with healthcare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buenos dias from icy Virginia! Always nice to read your thoughts and see pics of the "furry friends"! Enjoy the sunshine.
    Karen in VA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Karen. I hope you aren't snowed in. P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chico is looking VERY dapper!! LOL

    ReplyDelete