Thursday, November 13, 2014

Movie information update

I went to see the movie about living on the south shore and it was extremely interesting. It was done by a couple who recently moved there and they showed the remodel of a run down house they bought near the lake.  Also, they showed what it was like in Jocotopec at the markets and parties with their new Mexican friends. Looks like a great place to live but it would be necessary to have a car and also to speak Spanish. There are very few expats over that way.

I bought the VIP pass at the theater. Cost me 500 pesos and I can see any movie I want for free for one year. I already walked out of one movie. It was about the caves under Paris and I didn't think of the fact that I don't like closed in places. Too scary for me. I am walking up there now to see if they changed the movies yet. I will try another one. The sun came out a few minutes ago. It was cloudy all morning. Nice to see sunshine again.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a bargain! I would be more likely to buy snacks once in a while if I weren't spending so much on the movie tickets!
    Karen in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, Snacks in the theater are very inexpensive too and there are several inexpensive restaurants in the same area where I can get a meal before or after the movie. Thanks for writing. p

      Delete
  2. I wonder if the people that bought on the other side of the Lake and did a remodel on the property bought this place with two houses on it basically, the main house and one for the gardner/caretaker who lived there tending the houses and property with his family. It was a gorgeous place, right on the lake, but needed updating yet it was so cheap a price to purchase, what had good bones to begin with and the property was huge and gorgeous. It was for rent also very cheap, I looked into it and found out that it was off the market as fast as it went on! So someone grabbed that place up super fast. The gardner was extremely friendly and helpful according to the ad for the rental property so it was a great benefit for anyone moving there as the family would be a great help in teaching one to learn the language. I like that side of the lake because it is away from all the chatter and business it seems of the other side, but I did realize one would have to have a car living there. Like I have told you I wouldn''t live anywhere without a car! It makes me feel too vulnerable to not have a way to get around like that. I feel safer having a car to get around than walking alone places. Pam in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Pam, Good to hear from you. I don't know if it was the same place or not. yes a car would important and I do not want to own one. So I will probably stay here. p

      Delete