Monday, November 10, 2014

Cinema Del Lago in Bugambilla Plaza Ajijic

Tomorrow I am going up to the movie theater, Cinema Del Lago, to see a movie that was filmed about the south shore. I am looking forward to seeing what it is like over there. Maybe one day I might decide to move across the lake. I have heard it is much less expensive on that side but it may be very isolated.

I went to see a movie yesterday and I saw a sign at the ticket counter. It was in Spanish so I am not sure if I am reading it right. Tomorrow when I go up there I will test it out. What I THINK it says, is if you give them 500 pesos (About 36 American dollars) then you have a free pass to see any movies you want, as often as you want for an entire year.

Last time I was in Portland, it cost about that much for two of us to see one movie!  I will take up my 500 pesos tomorrow and see if I am right about that sign. I will let you know... What a deal. There are six movies a week here. They change every Thursday. Three of them are in English. Three are in Spanish. We get first run movies here and even ones in 3D.

I have often thought that seeing movies in Spanish would be a good learning experience. Maybe cartoons would be best because they are so simple.  I just live a few blocks from the theater.  Something new to do. I hope I read that sign right!

4 comments:

  1. A movie pass deal like that would be a great entertainment investment! I hope it's what you think it is!

    Scott in TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Scott for encouraging me. I decided against it because I don't know how long I will be living here. But I think I will look into it again. P

      Delete
  2. Pat, yes, please move on from anyone not willing to take into account your feelings. I think that would be like living in jail. You have way too much to offer.

    ReplyDelete