Sunday, September 14, 2014

Morning Thoughts--Home

The Sky Above Bala's House by Carlos Valdez

I am having a hard time figuring out how to put Carlos' photos on my blog. I don't know much about computers and when something goes wrong I am in hot water. Please forgive me. Maybe in a few more posts I will have it mastered.  I love this drawing of Bela's House. Carlos must have been happy there. Bela was another name for his mother, Betty. It looks to me like heat, lights and angels are radiating off the house and in the window is a spirit. What makes a place a home? To me, it is the love that is shared in it. I feel like I have two homes now. One is here with Chico and Olive and the other is in Portland with my son and daughter-in-law. Chico and Olive are still sleeping as close to me as they can get and I am lying awake, unable to push them off because I feel so guilty for leaving them for three weeks. I understand how they feel. They need me to comfort them for awhile. I hope it doesn't last much longer because I am not sleeping with them pushed up next to my body on both sides. I guess this is the price I have to I pay for my little Portland vacation. No sleep.  I went to the globos celebration yesterday and took photos. I will put them on the blog next.










































4 comments:

  1. I love his artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is beautiful. Thank you for commenting. p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mya always sleeps as close to me as she can get it seems, so I can picture you with your two pets tucking you in so closely after being apart from you for as long as they were. Specially since no one actually stayed with them while you were gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I feel very guilty about that. p

    ReplyDelete