Saturday, December 7, 2013

Morning Thoughts--a worried mother and hungry horses

I have not been thinking much lately. Too busy with the traveling and then going out for lunch yesterday. I have also been spending time just soaking up the sunshine in the yard with an empty head.   This morning I couldn't find Fiesta and I thought I had left him in the restaurant yesterday. That burned out some brain cells. But I finally found him, hiding behind the door. Maybe he is afraid of Chico.

Now I have the extra task of petting the cat in the mornings. She doesn't care about the food. She just wants to be near me and she loves for me to sit in my big chair and pet her. Chico doesn't like that much but he tolerates her.

There is a horse parade this morning and a big rodeo. I will go to both if my energy holds out that long. I am still recovering from the two days of airports and airplanes.  I met some interesting people on my journey. One was a beautiful twenty year old Mexican woman who was on her way to drive back to the border with her twenty one year old fiance. They have a four month old baby (her mother was taking care of the baby while she took the trip) and she has been making that trip back to Mexico to visit with him for a few years.

He finally got an appointment to talk to the U.S. Consulate in Cuidad Juarez about getting a visa to join his family in the States. He didn't want to go up there by himself. He doesn't speak any English. They are also going to one of the most dangerous cities in Mexico. She looked very worried. My heart went out to her and her family. I hope it works out for them. 

My friend Tammy bought a horse while I was gone. I haven't seen him yet. She is walking into town with me to see the parade and then the rodeo. At lunch yesterday she was talking about the expense of owning a horse here.

It is costing her more to board it than the rent for herself. She said that the food for horses here is extremely expensive and that is why there are so many skinny horses that just eat the grass along the side of the roads. It is always sad to see skinny animals. That is one of the things that was so upsetting for my son and daughter-in-law in India, many starving animals. And people. The world can be harsh.

I am off to find the parade. I will take lots of photos and put them on the blog. 




No comments:

Post a Comment