Saturday, November 16, 2013

Morning Thoughts---Today Meeting at Walter Mitty's


I have nothing to write about because I haven't done anything for a couple of days. I am just sitting by the fire, trying to keep warm. It is cold and dreary here. I am writing this to keep the blog active. I can't say the same for myself. I have no desire to walk out there in the rain. Even the dogs don't want to go out. I have to push them out the door to pee....

Today at two in the afternoon, I will walk down to Walter Mitty's and see if anyone shows up.  I made the mistake of putting two different dates of the meeting on the blog. But since I have nothing to do and am bored here in the house, I decided to keep both dates.... So if you want to come and have a hot drink with me or something to eat and talk about Ajijic, I would love to see you there today. Or next Saturday, or both Saturdays.

I got a phone call early this morning from my family from India.  I hadn't heard from them for two days. They were all sick with diarrhea for two days from the hotel food. They have been eating street food for a week and it is the more expensive hotel food that made them all sick. There is no way around it when you travel in a third world country.

I remember, years ago, early in the morning in Puerto Vallarta, there was a hotel buffet set out. (This was a four star hotel.) The flies were all over it but when it was time for the guests to eat, they fanned the flies away.  The guests had no idea that their food had already been tasted.  My theory is that I might as well eat street food. It tastes the best and it isn't worse for your health than food from the hotels or restaurants. Getting diarrhea is just a fact of life.

My friend Donna suggested the medicine Ciprofloxacia. It is an antibiotic. But only take it if the diarrhea is really bad. In Mexico it is spelled Ciproflexcina. Since it is an antibiotic, you will need a prescription in Mexico. They no longer will let you have antibiotics without a prescription. I don't know about India.

No comments:

Post a Comment