Friday, April 25, 2014

Morning Thoughts


We have had a little bit of rain but not enough for me to see if this place is going to leak. I am just going from day to day, hoping I will be able to stay awhile but everything is up in the air. My landlord may be moving soon and if he does, I will have to move too. I have no idea of where I would go.

I love my deck. It is so nice to cook outside with a view of the trees and the lake and the sounds of the birds in the mornings and evenings.  But all good things must come to an end.

Last night I heard my landlord's car making lots of noise. Then it stopped for awhile and started up again. Usually it is just an animal making the emergency alarm go off but I was scared. I locked my door and finally went back to sleep. In the morning when I went out to walk with Leslie and Boomer, I saw that someone had tried to steal his car. It is in our driveway. The front grill had been taken off and the hood had been messed with but, fortunately, they couldn't get the hood up.

We walked a block down the street and saw a couple of police cars at the neighbor's house. We went over and told them about what had happened at my house. They said that someone had tried to break into this other house. The bars kept him or them out but one window had been broken. There were two I pads sitting not far from the window and they managed to take a stick and drag them out.

I am going to check my cell phone and make sure there is money on it and put the police number next to it.  I don't think this locked gate is helping at all...... It just makes life more difficult for some of us---The ones without cars and with damaged and painful body parts.

Now that this end of the street is blocked off, this part of the neighborhood is isolated and very quiet. Too quiet. I no longer feel safe walking in it at night. But I am guessing that it makes the robbers feel more secure and less likely to be seen as they try to break into the cars and houses. No one is around to call the police.   

4 comments:

  1. I have been carefully reading and enjoying your blog for some time now and seldom comment. In light of the crimes and violence that you have recently described and those which you have not mentioned in your blog, it would be wise to make plans to move to a safer area or community. In retrospect even without the crime wave(s) you are receiving warnings and intuitive messages that it is time for a change. These warnings are for your good and protection, please don't ignore them. Good things are in store for you, but fear is trying to hold you down. Sending prayers of protection and safety your way not just for you but for those in this community who don't have the freedom and resources you have to move on and enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your thoughtful comment. I am thinking along those lines too. Just have to know what to do and when to do it. p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are there any vacancies in the compound where Marie lives? Even in the smaller apartments, they have a nice view and security.

    ReplyDelete