Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Physical Therapy in Mexico

I haven't been writing much because I am still stuck at home in a chair. I was sure people would have lost interest in my blog because I have neglected it for so long but I got the information that  many people are still reading it. I appreciate that.  I go to a house sitting job next week. I will be there over Christmas. It is only a week long and I don't have to walk a dog or anything. Just feed the dog and cat. That's about all I can do now.

People have been encouraging me to have physical therapy. My doctor said it wasn't necessary. I had it after my knee operation. I had a torn and twisted meniscus two years ago. It was forty five dollars a visit so I didn't do it long. She came to my house for the therapy. But my landlord has been using another physical therapist because he had a hip replacement. He called the therapist and she came right over yesterday. She charged less than twenty dollars and she was a big help. I will probably have her come over a few more times. She said I had good flexibility. My foot is still swollen. But she thinks I will be walking in a few weeks. That is great news. I have been terribly depressed here in this chair. I have been missing all the holidays and all the fun..... Friends have gotten tired of dripping by. One friend said, maybe they don't like to hang around a depressed and dependent person. I guess that is understandable. Someone else said to me, they are acquaintances, not friends. There is a huge difference between the two. Acquaintances are people you spend time with when you are having fun. Friends are people who come to you and help out when you need it.

One of the hardest things for me has to been to ask for help. I have always prided myself on being self sufficient. But I have had to ask for a lot of help. I understand why people would get tired of that.

One friend is taking me to her pool every other day and having me stay for dinner. She has been a real help and I think the swimming is going to make the healing process much faster.   I will never be able to repay her for this kindness. So as it is, I owe a lot of people many favors.........friends and acquaintances.  To me, a friend is someone I can trust with all my secrets and who trusts me with his/her secrets.  (Maybe that is bad. My mother used to say to me not to say anything you don't want to be published on the front page of the newspaper. She was smart. )  But it is also great to know a person is there for me too. I hope someday to be able to return all these favors.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT NEWS ... my FRIEND! (I don't think there's anything you don't know about me?!) I am so glad you're getting out to swim a bit - and dinner, too? My my ... my life should be all that bad! Hang in there & we'll go for a walk next time I get there. I'm planning on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gayle, thanks for writing. Yes, we will go out and have a great time. Your friend, Patricia

    ReplyDelete