Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Healing Process

I haven't been writing lately. Too discouraged. The healing process is very slow. I saw the doctor last night. First time I had been out of the yard since house sitting. Christmas lights were up and it was a beautiful evening.

The doctor said I don't need physical therapy. He just gave me some very painful exercises to do three times a day. That will keep me busy.  I house sit again in two weeks. I will be at the other house over Christmas. But it won't be any kind of special day for me. The special day will be when I can walk again without pain.   That will be my Christmas present! 

Nothing new in my life since I am not doing anything. I am on my third D. H. Lawrence novel.  Interesting man. He has some strange ideas about the relationship between men and women. He always comes back to the power struggle between them. The will. Whose will will prevail? The love/hate that exists between men and women. A person can love someone one minute and hate that same person the next. 

I still want to read the novel he wrote while he was living here but it isn't in the library now. I think having an electronic reader would be a very good thing. Then I could get any books I wanted online. I have heard that there are many free books online. If any of you have one of those readers, please tell me if you think they are worthwhile.

I like the feel of a book in my hand. It would take me awhile to get used to reading on a screen. But if I ever decide to live away from the Lake Chapala Society Library, it would be a wonderful thing to have because I don't know anywhere in Mexico that has a good English language library. Except Oaxaca. I have heard they have an even larger library than here.

6 comments:

  1. sorry to hear you are still in pain. i pray that you will soon find some relief.

    i assume you're talking about kindles. quite a few bloggers have them. about a month or so ago, several posted about them and they all raved. steve, leslie limon, billie i believe and tancho were among them. maybe you can go back and find those posts.

    take care and hang in there.

    teresa in lake stevens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Teresa. I will look at the other posts. I appreciate you taking the time to tell me about them. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia,
    I haven't checked your blog for a long while and am shocked and sad to find out that you're not well. Have some pineapple juice if you can. It contains bromalin which helps reduce the inflammation. Please take care of yourself, be patient and I wish you a speedier recovery.
    kind regards,
    Haidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Haidi for writing and for that advice. Next time I go to the grocery store I will buy lots of pineapple juice.....Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia,

    I'm also sorry to see you're still having so much trouble. What is the average recovery for such an injury?
    I hope you are soon pain-free and able to get around easier soon. Take care...

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Karen, Thank you for your concern. I have talked with several others who have had the same injury and they weren't walking until the fourth month. I am just going into the third month. So I guess I am right on schedule. Thanks again. Patricia

    ReplyDelete