Thursday, April 9, 2020

My lunch


I am spending my days cooking. Or maybe I should use the word daze instead because I feel like I am in a daze most of the time. Well, most of this timelessness. Here is what I made for lunch. It is blanched fresh green beans cooked in sesame oil with garlic, onions, sesame and sunflower seeds. With extra firm tofu, covered with corn starch and fried with sesame seeds and sunflower seeds. I think it was a success. I have had a lot of failures recently, especially with trying to make sourdough bread. But this was good.

2 comments:

  1. Your lunch looks good! I have never been very successful when cooking with tofu. There is a restaurant in my town that makes the best garlic fried tofu, crispy on the outside and softer on the inside. I keep trying to achieve that and never do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. I know the kind you mean. I had it at a Chinese restaurant. I couldn't do it either. Maybe they deep fry it quickly? Or put it n a very hot wok? P

      Delete