Thursday, April 23, 2020

Morning thoughts


Another day stuck in the house. But I made more kombucha. This time with fresh mango inside. Today was another sourdough disaster. Instead of throwing away yet another batch of flour, I decided to try adding yeast to the mix. In other words, I cheated! But it worked immediately. I think is too hot to slice. I won't know until then if it is edible but it was nice to see it rise. I hated failing so many times.

A friend told me yesterday that his doctor said there are no coronavirus deaths in the Ajijic area. Not yet.  I hope this will hold out.





3 comments:

  1. The bread looks delicious! I would slather it with butter and jam. I'm so glad you are back to posting more frequently...I enjoy hearing about life in the warm climate. It's so cold here in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oYat is a fine-looking loaf of bread, Pat. I like the way you're always tackling new challenges with a will to suceed. Stay healthy. You might want to think about buying a backup battery you can plug your iPad into for an extra charge so you can have more reading time. You can get them for about $20-30US up here. I wonder if the computer place up on the carretera has them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bridget, thanks for that suggestion. I will look into it when I can get out of the house again. P

      Delete