Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Morning Thoughts

Today is the first day of feeling normal physically in weeks. I must be careful not to overdo it. That is my way. Overdoing everything. And then I pay the price with a setback. So all I am doing today is some housecleaning, laundry and maybe a short walk with Chico. Tomorrow is market day and I will walk down and buy some veggies. Hopefully on Thursday I can get to the spa. I hate that cave steam room but it would be a good thing for my lungs.

The weather here has been beautiful. I sit in the sunshine in the afternoons. Friends have come down and I haven't been able to visit with them. Maybe in a few days I will feel up to doing that. One friend just returned from a trip to Iran and she has a bad case of Broncitis. Another friend has emphysema. I feel for both of them. Not being able to breathe is very difficult. I am glad my problem is over, hopefully, now.

DON'T OVERDO IT PATRICIA!  My advice to myself that I hope I can keep today and the next few days. Funny about physical pain, it is so easy to forget once it is gone. Otherwise women would only have one child and say, NO MORE.  I remember when I was in high school and had my appendix out. I thought that if the pain would go away and I could get out of the hospital, I would be happy for the rest of my life. But I forgot once I was well and went on with all the heartaches and triumphs that come with being alive. The memory of that pain completely forgotten. 

This is the high season now, although this entire year has felt like the high season. There doesn't seem to be a low season anymore. The hotels are pretty much booked up now until around April. If you come down without a reservation, good luck in finding anything.

I have been sick for many weeks. I missed most of the Day of the Dead celebrations and I don't know what else. Staying home is now my safety zone and I almost don't want to go out in the world again. Hopefully, in a few days of being well here I will be bored and feel like joining the living again. 

8 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling so much better---WELCOME BACK---you were missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Larry, of course I overdid it yeaterday. Have to force myself to not do too much. Hope your finger is better. P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember that you have been seriously ill. When you feel you have a dab of energy, please don't use it up. Your body needs that energy to heal. Stay away from people that have any illness, unless you want it. Your immune system is so low. Did you talk to the Doctor about the Steam Room at the Spa? I am not sure that you should do that. 🤔 What if there is a fungus on the walls or floors? I would ask the Doctor, if it was me.
    Other than all the warnings.... congratulations on being able to get out and see the Sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Looks like I will slow down even more and skip the steam room. I will take your advice very seriously. P

      Delete
  4. So glad you are better!!!! Take it easy.
    All the best to you,
    Karen in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, Did your students see the Halloween trick or treaters photos? They were so cute. Wish I could have gone with them/. P

      Delete
  5. Hi, Pat! The trick or treaters are adorable. To tell the truth, I'm a little surprised to see trick or treaters. Is it widely done in your town? I showed one middle school class the pics, and they (well, the girls) ooohed and ahhhhed!
    Gracias,
    Karen in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I am glad they enjoyed the photos. Yes I think it is widely done here. P

      Delete