Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Morning thoughts


I am sitting in front of my i pad with no idea of what to write. Too much is going on in the world now for me to make sense of it. Total Chaos. How to make personal sense and have peace in the midst of a world in chaos. For me, just walking out my door and down the street might mean getting a virus that would kill me. But I watch on the news, thousands of people all over the world, gathering in large groups to contest police violence. Those visuals make me feel like a coward for being afraid of just walking to the grocery store.

I have never participated in any protests. Large groups make me claustrophobic. Another reason to feel cowardly. So I sit here every day, glued to the news, wondering if I were given the opportunity to join a protest, would I do it? Unfortunately, in my heart I know the answer. No. My fear of getting the  corona virus and dying a horrible death would overshadow my courage.

So I sit here in my house, watching the brave ones out in protest. I have no words of wisdom. No solutions. Just staying alive. And sometimes I wonder, why? What am I living for if not to reach out to others?


4 comments:

  1. I get referred here by Mexpatriate. And I wish you much joy in living a simple safe life. My boss and good friend has the virus. He is recovering slowly and is under good care. But it really puts how serious this bug can be at the forefront of your life when you know someone who is affected. Just taking a deep breath is something to be savored. And going to the store to get whatever looks good is a simple blessing. I hope you will try to be patient with the uncertainty of these times,as will I. I'm sure you realize things could be much worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I too have been so sick that breathing was difficult. I do need to try to be patient. P

      Delete
  2. Love to read your heartfelt thoughts, I so often relate to them. Today I disagree, being over 60, staying home is not lacking courage or being a coward, it is being smart and not being in denial about the real danger. I also believe that you DO reach out to others by writing this blog, you certainly reach out to me and I thank you for it. Stay safe and please keep writing. France T. Ontario, Canada

    ReplyDelete