Thursday, March 21, 2019

Morning Thoughts


I haven't paid much attention to the blog lately. I just keep it limping along, like me. I fell down a couple of days ago. This is my second fall in twelve years so I guess I am lucky. There was no reason for me to fall. I just missed the step up to the curb. Fell on my wrists again and the one I fractured on my first fall still hurts. So I can't go swimming until it gets better. I skinned my leg and elbow up. A friend told me to put zinc oxide on the scrapes to keep them from bruising. And that has worked. Although the zinc oxide is a mess. It doesn't sink into the skin and gets on clothing and is hard to wash off. But it is better than having bruises.

Back to serious matters. The drug war is still going full scale. We hear of new things daily. The cartels are fighting over territory.

There is nothing I can do about that. Just watch myself and not be in places where I mIght be vulnerable. It is sad to think of these young men getting tortured and killed. I feel sorry for them and their families. I guess the men can't see themselves out of the cycle of poverty and they think being in a cartel will save them.  Quick riches.

It is still very hot here. I am making rye bread again. I had to go back to my old post to get the recipe. The first attempt failed. I am trying again.

I know that minor scrapes and baking bread is meaningless in the face of all these murders,  but life goes on. We have to continue with our daily lives or else move out of here. I don't see many people making the moving choice. So we keep on keeping on. And hoping the drug war will end soon.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, the comments' function is back!!!

    Sorry to read you fell, Pat. Hope you heal quickly. Didn't know about zinc oxide to prevent bruising. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - comments are working! I'm sorry to hear about your fall Pat, but I'm glad that you are able to take care of yourself down there. I love reading your blog. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you fell, I fell in PV last year too but did not get as serious an injury as you did. Have there been murders or kidnappers in the Lake Chapala area? So glad to see the "comment" section back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you fell, hope you are better soon.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sue. I am much better. P

      Delete