Friday, March 16, 2018

My morning walk with Chico

Chico and I walked to the downtown area this morning. I hadn't been on the main road since they finished with the construction of the bike lane. A friend warned me not to park in front of the stores there, as if I could anyway. I don't have a car. She had to pay the tow truck driver 500 pesos not to tow her car away. That is a good reason not to own a car. 






Two good taco stands along the way.







The Jacaranda trees are already blooming. 





Chico ran into his friend Nacho at Salvador's restaurant. We had breakfast there.



On the left is my friend Steve. Nacho's owner. I got some bad news from him today. Salvador's is closing the first of April and an Italian restaurant is coming in there. So no more delicious inexpensive breakfasts or Sunday buffets or my favorite dish, coconut shrimp. Salvador's has been my go to spot every since I moved here, over ten years ago. Maybe it is time for me to be moving on too.



I was looking at the flower. Chico was sniffing the roots. Different interests. But we both loved hanging out at Salvador's. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh Patricia, I'm sorry to hear that Salvadors is closing! I always liked eating there and Coconut Shrimp was my favorite too!
    And yes breakfast was good! It's been a few years since I was there, I probably wouldn't know the town any more. I've been reading your blog and others for a few years too and can't believe how many people come and go. And we never know what happened to them. It seems that many don't stay long term like a few of you do. Is that a fair assessment? Connie in Wa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Connie, good to hear from you. Yes this town is always changing. but Salvador's was a constant. I could always depend on them to be a good spot to eat, rest and meet people. I will miss it. P

      Delete
  2. Sounds as if you are losing your VILLAGE FEELING. The Hibiscus is Beautiful. I had a large collection when I lived in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Larry, good to hear from you. Yes, I agree with you a hundred percent. P

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only constant in life is change. Hopefully the Italian will good too, albeit not as inexpensive. Many magical villages are becoming busy, the boomers are retiring, Americans, Canadians and Mexicans, and they all want to leave the big city...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Peter, you are right. I read that many of the small Mexican towns are becoming ghost towns. No work so the young people leave. Thanks for commenting. P

      Delete