Friday, January 9, 2009

View from the end of my block

This is the view of the lake from the end of my block. The guide books say that the lake is low but the opposite is true this year. The lake is so high that there is no beach. When I was here a few months ago I could walk along the beach from my house to the Lake Chapala Society. That was several blocks. Now there is no way to get there except by the streets. I miss the beach. I hope it will come back again soon so I can walk with dogs along the water. Dogs love the water. It is a beautiful view along the water. Sometimes it feels like I am at the ocean because the lake is so large. If it is hazy then I can't see to the other side of the lake. I always want to live near water. It gives me a feeling of freedom. I don't like to be closed in. Large bodies of water represent freedom to me. I am also a swimmer. I brought down an inflatable kayak but haven't had the nerve to try it yet. I am waiting until my knee heals to do that. All things in their own time. I think this boat belongs to a Mexican fisherman.

No comments:

Post a Comment