Thursday, January 15, 2009

Living Green

I received an e mail from a a woman who has a site about living green. Her name is Heather. Her site is www.thegreenestdollar.com It is an interesting site with lots of ideas on saving money and saving the planet. My friend was here from San Blas for a few days and she talked about our energy foot prints...

I may not be using the right words but she meant how much of the Earth's resources we use in our daily lives. I have been thinking about what I use. Moving here to Mexico drastically cut down on my foot print. This is not the reason I moved here. I hate to admit it but my reasons were purely personal and selfish. I wanted out of the rat race up in the States. I didn't want to continue paying for a car or high energy bills. I just wanted a simple life where I had free time to do as I pleased. I was tired of all the pressures to maintain, like a rat on a treadmill.

Every time I turned around up there I had another unexpected bill or tax....It was out of control and I had this feeling of, Stop the world, I want off..... The side benefit is that I am also helping everyone by my simple life. It is a lesson for me, do what is best for yourself and most likely that will be what is best for others too. Such a simple lesson but hard for a person like me to follow as I have to constantly remind myself that I deserve to have a good life. I deserve to be happy. I deserve to create the kind of world that is fulfilling for me.......I have that here, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment