Thursday, January 22, 2009

Touring the Lake Chapala Area

There are several companies in this area that take people on different trips. I haven't taken any tours because of my knee problem but it is finally healing. One day soon I will get on the bus to Guadalajara and take photos to put on this blog. The photos on the posts now were all taken by my son, David Valdez. Besides being a jazz musician, he is very good with the camera, too.

When I first came to this area I took a trip all around the lake. It was exhausting and disappointing. Extremely difficult to do without a car or a tour guide. I went with a few friends and at the first city we were going to have to wait four hours to catch the next bus. We ended up paying a friendly Mexican to drive us in his truck to the next town. It was a bumpy ride and it took us all day to get around the lake. Next time I try that trip I will do it with a tour company.

There is one in town called Charter Club Tours. They have many trips to local areas and towns further away. They have one, two, three and four day trips and sometimes trips for a week or longer. The prices are reasonable. If you are interested in where they are going now, look online at http://www.charterclubtours.com.mx/ This is a great way to get around and see things, especially if you are afraid to take off on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment