Saturday, July 18, 2009

Airlines and Their Rate Hikes

I thought I would take a trip back to the States to visit with my family. I was shocked to see how much the airfares have risen. I would say that the airline I always fly has doubled their fares in the past six months! That is a huge price hike. I have enough miles to pay for a trip back to the States but they say there are no spots available for the next few months...So why have air miles if they can't be used? What is happening up there? Is everything going crazy? How can people afford to live in the States with that kind of inflation?

4 comments:

  1. There used to be a travel agency in the building where the movie theater is. I don't remember the name but they offered really good prices to the US for Americans living in Ajijic. I am sure their prices would not be as cheap as they were then but probably cheaper then going through the airline. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Linda, Thank you. As of now, I have decided not to go up there this year. Too expensive. But if I can find a really cheap flight, I may go. I change my mind all the time. It drives my friends crazy and me too. But I am like that. Thank you for the information. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia,

    Just last week on television a news reporter said airline fares had gone down. Seems like the airlines don't know. I haven't checked with Delta, the one I use from Atlanta to Guadalajara.

    Aleene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Aleene. I am glad to hear from you. I will keep checking. Patricia

    ReplyDelete