Monday, March 23, 2009

Freedom and Friendships

I spent most of my day in my yard. Two friends dropped by. One friend had recently returned from her trip to the States. I asked how she felt about the States. She said that she was glad to be back in Mexico. She said, I don't know how to explain it but there is more freedom in Mexico.

I understand what she means. I always feel more freedom in Mexico. I remember a Mexican woman saying to me, I am a Mexican. I can do whatever I want! I don't remember what I had asked of her, probably to turn down her loud music.

My friend said that she was shocked to find out that she had to pay eight thousand dollars in taxes because she took money a year and a half early out of her IRA fund to pay off a house that she had sold at a loss. She has a very strong sense of morality so she paid the difference in the cost of the house instead of walking away from it. This is how the American government encourages people to be honest and do the right thing........

No comments:

Post a Comment