Tuesday, July 28, 2020

A narrow vision


My world has become very small. As the pandemic expands, my life shrinks. Hard to tell by what goes on in my neighborhood. The only difference I see from a year ago is all the masks now. The Mexicans have finally started wearing them. The bus drivers won't let people on without masks. Of course, often they are pushed soon down to the neck after people sit down. But it is mostly business as usual here. No let up. Restaurants are busy. Stores are crowded. Life goes on as usual. But not mine. I am trying to be a good girl. The symptoms of corona virus scare me. I have had pneumonia and not been able to breathe deeply. It is a terrible feeling. Plus, I am not ready to die yet.

I vaguely remember the thousands of photos I have taken in the past of festivals, events, parades with dancing horses, restaurant meals, friends. Everything imaginable. Now all I have to share are four photos. The first one is of the late afternoon light coming in my bedroom window. The second is of a bored dog. The third is of a bored cat. (Yes, I believe that my animals are also very bored.) And the last one is of flowers from my garden that I put in styrofoam cups at my kitchen window.

Not much to offer. Just feeding my blog, trying to keep it alive too. It is all about maintaining these days.

Good news. This coming Sunday I get to go to the dentist for part two of a four part root canal series. At least I will be noticed and touched and have something different to do. My life has definitely gone downhill.






6 comments:

  1. Love your pics. I would never have thought those pretty flowers were in styrofoam cups. So cute! Never thought I'd read of someone happy to get a root canal. Never mind - I have, me! Just to have the pain be gone. Hope all goes well.
    Karen in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, good to hear from you again. Thanks for the good wishes. Same for you. P

      Delete
  2. Hi Pat. Same going on here in Louisiana. Nothing. Louisiana in number one in the whole United States per capta for covid cases which scares me and reminds me to STAY HOME. Stay safe Pat and thank you for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for writing Anita. Take care of yourself. P

      Delete
  3. It is a tough time. I can't go anywhere without a mask. And now we are in a big fight with our horrible landlord. Spending my time contacting my elected officials for help. The pandemic is bad enough without all this extra aggravation. So I really feel for you. It's hard to accept all these changes. And tomorrow we are expecting a big storm. Lots of rain and strong winds. So hopefully Wednesday will be a better day and I will be feeling more positive again. I hope you will also be feelin more optimistic. At least we are still alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna, thank you for commenting. Good luck to you. P

      Delete