Monday, October 10, 2011

Home Again and Thinking of Danger

I am back at my casita. I slept here last night. I was nervous because of the recent break in. Everything was okay last night. Chico was glad to have me home. No matter how beautiful the mansion, there is no place like home.  Going away for a few days or weeks just makes me appreciate my own humble home even more. There is a hurricane off the western coast here. We got a lot of rain last night and yesterday the internet was down all day. I am sure these things are because of the hurricane. My friend Pat in San Blas wrote and said it has hit there. But here, the sun is coming out again.

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving and I took the opportunity to sign up for a Thanksgiving buffet at Salvador's. Turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, etc. Sounds good to me. Four of my friends will also be joining me there. I have a feeling it is going to be very crowded. It lasts from one in the afternoon to five. I got a reservation at two.

A woman here was robbed at gun point a week or so ago. She had three dogs with her and after he took her money, he grabbed one of her dogs and took off down the street with it. She told me that he was laughing, like taking the dog was just a joke. A final insult to her.   She got mad and ran after him and grabbed her dog back. Steal my money but don't mess with my dog!!!   She was willing to risk her life for her dog. (I wonder if I would have done the same thing for Chico.)

 This happened not far from my place. Now I am very nervous about being out at night. It happened at eight in the evening, one block from La Nueva Posada.

  I am not going to let my fears control me.  I am not going to let my fears control me. I am not going to let my fears control me. 

That is a hard thing to do but I am going to do my best to continue with my daily routines.  NO FEAR.....

No comments:

Post a Comment