Friday, July 1, 2011

Never Ending Electricity Problems

I live in Lower La Floresta. This is one of the oldest areas in Ajijic and the electrical system must be worn out. I can't figure out any other reason for our continuing electrical outages. Two days ago my landlord said that the residents of this area had signed a petition about the electrical outages. He said the electric company was moving a transformer which was located under a tree. We had no electricity all day while they were doing this and he assured me that we would have no more problems.

I was skeptical and unfortunately I was right. Just a few hours later, it went out again!  And we were out for another night and day. By then my landlord was furious. I was too. It isn't fun to have to live with no electricity and therefore no water and no communications systems. A home just becomes a dark cave. My landlord said he was going to move. That means I would have to move too. I am just a hanger on, renting his little casita.  Finally, it was fixed again last night but another storm was coming. I could hear the thunder. Since the rainy season has started, almost every time it has rained we have lost our electricity.  Not for hours but for days....What a drag.

 Yesterday afternoon I went walking around the neighborhood and taking photos. I had to walk down to the Real de Chapala, the closest restaurant to my casita, for dinner. Well, can't complain about that. It was a beautiful  and the waiters remembered me from all those Sunday buffets. I took lots of photos which are in the next two blogs......

The homes on my street are very expensive, ranging from $350,000 on up, but what good are they if they have no electricity and water? I ran into one neighbor who was also wandering around but he was trying to see if anyone was working on the electricity. No repair men were in sight. He told me that a man had recently bought on our street and he was really sorry. I guess the real estate agent and the owner of the house overlooked this one small detail......

As you can see, I have electricity this morning but a strong wind is coming in and I wonder how long it will last.  I hate to complain but it isn't any fun living like this. I have a refrigerator full of food that I need to throw out. UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment